#LoveLoveLove

#LoveLoveLove

Monday, April 9, 2012

Somebody's Cruisin' (aka I do my own stunts)

In early April 2011, Cam was about to make his entrance into the world.  Here I am, at about 36 weeks (in Brian's shirt!)



And just a few short weeks later, my son was born.




Here he is, enjoying his boppy for the first time!

And all of the sudden, in the blink of an eye, I have a toddler.  I have to say, we made some pretty fun memories in this last year.

At mom's first Heart Walk (May 2011)

Learning to eat solid foods!
 
Having a dance party with bff Declan

Getting some tummy time....

Celebrating the 2011 World Series Champs!

Cuddly Lion for Halloween.......

Not scared of Santa at all!

Enjoying his first Blues Game with his dad who's going to teach him to play hockey one day!

First St. Patrick's Day parade


And finally, the 1st birthday party! Funny, someone already knows how to roll his eyes at mom..
 

I have to say, being the mom of a one year old is serious business.  On a regular basis, you are physically assaulted (fingers in your nose, fingers in your ears, fingers in your mouth and my favorite - fingers trying to pry out your eyeball).  You are parenting a constant explorer who has no fear (except for tickle me Elmo).  Cameron likes grabbing knives out of the dishwasher, sticking his hands in the toilet and putting wood chips in his mouth.  He tries to drink out of the dog's bowl and body slams Brian (usually landing in the worst spot!)  You can "babyproof" your house all you want - the things he couldn't reach last week become the low-hanging fruit this week.  He just recently figured out how to go down the stairs backwards and any chance he gets, he wants to practice.  I remember thinking those newborn days were hard - and they totally were.... but being a toddler mama is a whole new ball game.  It's a good thing they sleep through the night regularly by this age because there's NO WAY I could keep up with this kid if I wasn't getting my Zs.  Watching him grow and learn has been the most amazing thing to be a part of.... I definitely hope that time slows down a bit, but I can't wait to watch him through this next year and beyond :)

"Everyone knows that by far the happiest and universally enjoyable age of man is the first. What is there about babies which makes us hug and kiss and <snuggle> them, so that even an enemy would give them help at that age?" - Desiderius Erasmus 

No comments:

Post a Comment