#LoveLoveLove

#LoveLoveLove

Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer days keep driftin' away....

A bit of a mish-mash update........
With the arrival of fall like weather this week, I can't help but mourn the waning of the summer season.  Summer is my FAVORITE.  I seem to have selective amnesia about the humidity, heat, crime and other various drama that summers in St. Louis bring.  My summer usually begins on Cinco de Mayo and ends with the first sub-70 degree evening.  In between is some hodge-podge of my birthday, lots of wine and mojitos, outdoor concerts, traveling, al fresco dining, lazy mornings and banana pancakes, watering the herb garden and tomato plants, singing at the top of my lungs with the windows rolled down and lots of sweat.

Of course, this summer has been just a little bit different from years past. Along with the usual summer lineup, the summer of 2011 has been sprinkled with new mama experiences, date nights, milestones for Cam, cardiac rehab, doctor's appointments, hospital visits and much needed naps.  That being said, we still managed to have a good time.

Here we are at my family's annual Labor Day picnic.  At the same event last year, I told my brothers I was pregnant.


Cameron has learned to roll over.... clearly, Mowgli is not impressed.


Brian and Cameron at Food Truck Friday. 



With the fall comes some change.  Cardiac Rehab is winding down - I only have a couple weeks left and then, I'll graduate to hitting the gym 3-5 days a week.  I met my new cardiologist last week and am excited.  While no one really specializes in SCAD, he knows SOOO much about unique cardiac events.  For the first time (happily), I have a doctor who isn't treating me for heart disease (which I clearly don't have), but instead, is treating the aftermath of an unexplained cardiac trauma.  This means no more cholestorol medicine (WOO HOO!!!!).  He is interested in figuring out why this happened to me and if there's some underlying cause that's been missed as to why my artery tore and caused the heart attack.  I do appreciate this, but honestly, have sort of given up on ever really knowing "why".  But, if he has a team of doctors who are interested in figuring this out, by all means, they can have at it!

I will miss the friends I've made in rehab.  I had to switch to the "early" class when I went back to work full time, so I've met even more heart attack survivors over the last few weeks. It will definitely be strange when rehab is complete and I don't see my classmates three times a week.  As amusing and surreal as that experience has been, it's also been oddly comforting to be surrounded by people who've endured a similar situation.  As I approach the five month anniversary of my heart attack, I find myself feeling no less emotional/confused/angry/blessed/scared/lucky with the whole thing.  I can't even comprehend the possibility of not having been here to be a part of life unfolding.  But, if I have learned anything in the last few months, it's that time continues to pass, no matter what you do-so make the most of it.  I think I made the most of my summer the best I could, and am looking forward to many, many beautiful seasons to come.

"To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together"


No comments:

Post a Comment