#LoveLoveLove

#LoveLoveLove

Monday, September 19, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

There are some big changes going on in the D'Souza/Siebert household.  Not that this year hasn't already been full life changing events - I guess we haven't quite had enough going on. My last day at Habitat is tomorrow and my final session of cardiac rehab is on Wednesday.  Brian and I have managed to cram a life full of stressful events (having a baby, a major health issue, both of us starting new jobs, and trying to sell our house) into the span of six months.  All we need now is a relative to move into our basement, and we'll be all set (Matt & Josh, don't get any funny ideas!).


One would think that we would crave stability in a time of such uncertainty.  It really is seredipitous how opportunities fall into your lap when you least expect it but are in most need of it.  We decided if we were going to jump (into new roles) we should at least hold hands and go over the cliff together.  With all that has and continues to transpire this year, I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful partner.  Being a new parent isn't easy when that's the only thing you have on your plate - add a heart attack to the mix and things become extra complicated.  Clearly, parts of the recent past have not been sunshine and rainbows, but I have had the opportunity to learn more about my spouse and appreciate the ways we compliment/take care of each other.

I am excited to take on a new challenge.  With everything that's happened, I've really had to think about how I want to spend my time.  I think everyone - EVERYONE - deserves to do something they love, that they can THRIVE on, 40, 50, or 60 hours a week - whatever your job (if you work) looks like.  I know this is not easy because doing something you love gets muddied up with having to pay bills/survive/feed your babies/etc. But sometimes, it's worth it (or at least I have faith that it is) to take that plunge.  Having Cameron and being a mom inspires me to be better.... but I guess the heart attack made me actually DO better. 

On a separate note, rehab ends Wednesday.  When other participants have graduated, they've brought the nurses treats - donuts, cheesecakes, and cookies to name a few.  REALLY?  I think my peers fell asleep during the nutrition module!  I want to bring a treat too, but as I've embraced heart-healthy land, there's no freaking way I'm taking anything I wouldn't eat now!  But I do want the nurses to feel my love and gratitude - does fruit plate really say that?  I'm not sure.  It's funny how food is used to mark an occasion, to celebrate something or commemorate.  All this being said, I have been perfecting this vegan dark chocolate brownie recipe (with walnuts for Omega-3s) and I'm hoping this will be a good "thanks for rehab!" treat at 8 o'clock in the morning.  It will be SO strange to work out in a regular gym, without a heart monitor on - but again, I guess the time has come to leap!

"Change is and always will be inevitable, but everything is relative, and all the moments and times in your life will come back around again, you just might find yourself on the other side of the coin. Things are always changing, as fast as everything stays the same.” - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment