#LoveLoveLove

#LoveLoveLove

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lemonade

Hellloooooo 2013.  Mayan Apocalypse averted.  Holiday season survived. And in St. Louis, you would think Spring is right around the corner by the mild January weather we're having. Here's a bit of a hodge-podge update :)

2013 feels like a fresh start in a way I wasn't expecting.  I've never been one to celebrate the new year beyond a fun party, good meal, champagne toast and midnight kiss. But there's something about this year that feels...

good. happy. stable. settled. peaceful. hopeful. inspiring. healed. full of love. 

Recently, I wrote a guest post for my sister spokesperson Mary Leah that explain my thoughts further. Here's a snippet:

Over the course of the last 21 months, I’ve been on a gajillion pills, through cardiac rehab and to numerous doctors appointments.  I’ve switched jobs, purchased a new house, and made more time my loved ones.  And happily, I’ve watched my son Cameron smile his first toothless grin, belly laugh, take his first steps, say his first words and learn to kiss his mama goodnight.

In my own search to come to terms with this experience, I found the opportunity to volunteer with the American Heart Association and through my role as a Go Red for Women National Spokesperson, The Cosmic Joker arranged for me to meet one of my soulmates.  Her name is Mary Leah Coco.  We are very different – but indeed, we are kindred spirits.  Since August, it is rare that we’ve gone a day without chatting.  We swap funny stories and pictures of our kids.  We’re always on the look out for red apparel in each other’s sizes and we keep each other sane when moments of working-mama-drama threaten to take over. When one of us is down, the other is sure to bring on the laughter.  And more often than not, it seems we know what the other is thinking when it’s hard to find the words.  If not for one untimely heart attack, our paths may never have crossed.

Well played, Cosmic joker.  Well played.

And about that Cameron - Cam is a funny, chatty sweet toddler. He loves books and trains and his play kitchen - He loves putting his little stack of plastic pancakes on his tiny griddle and "pouring"syrup on them.  When he proceeds to stick the toys in his mouth, he always has the same remarks: "hmmmm. pancakes crunchy mama!"


He asks a lot of questions and makes alot of demands - like a tiny, little boss. He sings in the morning and in the tub and before bed and is very particular about when I'm allowed to sing along.  And he's really settled nicely into our new house which warms my heart to see. I just can't believe he'll be TWO in a few months - the time just flies.  I still have some newborn pictures on my phone and it really feels like yesterday that he was a teeny-weenie bundle.



 I can't help myself - as much as I want to "stand still" and enjoy every minute of this, I can't help but look forward to all the fun we have as he becomes his own little person.

On a separate note, I'm really excited to share (in my next post) more about my volunteer role with Go Red for Women as American Heart Month kicks off with Wear Red Day on February 1st. If you live in STL keep a look out while you're driving - along with other local survivors, you will soon see me on billboards around town :)

 
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party." - Ron White

No comments:

Post a Comment