#LoveLoveLove

#LoveLoveLove

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

F is for FALL, FOOD, & FUN

Fall is undoubtedly here.  The Cardinals are in the playoffs.  I had my first skinny soy pumpkin spice latte (with the teensiest bit of whip) earlier this month.  The dip in the weather and arrival of crunchy leaves was perhaps most notable when I realized all of my sweaters, socks, tights and knee-high boots are locked in our storage pod.  So after a whirlwind of shopping during Cam's nap one weekend, I have the appropriate layers to enjoy days out and about with my little family!  Here's a snapshot of our fall to date!

Enjoying his first carousel ride on a Zoo visit with Grandma (ty-gah, grammah!)

Learning to bounce at cousins Riley & Liam's 5th birthday party

Braver than a five year old and going down the "big boy" slide all by himself

Learning about wildlife at the apple farm's petting zoo.
 Hooray! I can reach the low hanging fruit :)

Bright-eyed before the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning. 
Momma wishes I knew what "sleeping in" meant!


I bought him one of those tiny, hard pumpkins at the grocery store and he loves it.  He also keeps trying to eat it, which is pretty funny.  He races the pumpkin on his train track and tries to use it in fetch with Mowgli (Mowgli does not enjoy having a pumpkin chucked at his head.  Good thing he moves quickly).

Cameron is also getting to experience my experimentation with healthy autumn-inspired cuisine. So far, he's loved sweet potato risotto, whole-wheat pumpkin pancakes (with a splash of pure maple syrup), cumin black beans and salt-free jerk chicken. I just love that he's developing a diverse palate for yummy foods that are also healthy.  I do have to say, the kid loves cookies (thanks, grandmas.)  I found these little organic bunny cookies and he loves it when they "hop" into his mouth. Getting to share these moments and meals and memories with him - even when he's in red-alert-crazy-toddler-mode, I feel so freakin' lucky.

We are looking forward to more fall fun - Boo at the Zoo, visiting the Pumpkin Patch and dressing up at Halloween (costume choices are a monkey or Thomas the Train...thoughts?) It's my hope to wear this kid out and get more pictures like this:


"Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, time seems speeded up. What was is not and never again will be; what is is change." - Edwin Way Teale

"Boys are found everywhere -- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them .... A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket."   -Alan Marshall Beck



No comments:

Post a Comment