#LoveLoveLove

#LoveLoveLove

Monday, March 5, 2012

March Madness

*I know I'm bad about this sometimes - there's totally another story that deserves telling, but it's not quite ready yet!  So in the meantime, enjoy this little update!*

In like a lion, out like a lamb.... right??? That's what I remember hearing about March. The month has only just begun and yet, there's been plenty of excitement. Cameron is 11 months. ELEVEN MONTHS! The last few weeks have been a rapid evolution from a belly on the floor army crawl, to this goofy sit/crawl, to a one-leg gets dragged along crawl, to a full on hands-and-knees crawl.  He cruises around from couch to coffee table and this past weekend, it was discovered he can climb stairs.  I swear, this kid has no fear. Here he is at the park - his favorite park activity is the swing... I dare you to try to take him out of one!



Cameron is also quite affectionate. If you ask him to "give kiss" he presses his lips, open or shut, up against whatever part of your face is closest to him - nose, ear, cheek. He's also a fantastic snuggler.  This picture continues to make me laugh because it's as if he's waiting for breakfast in bed.
And here are my boys taking a nap.  Tooooooo freakin' cute.


With every new milestone Cameron achieves, he becomes that much more fun.  I continue to be surprised at how much I enjoy each of them.  And I can't wait to celebrate his first birthday in a month.  WOW.  Time really flies.

March is exciting for me too.  I have my first stress test and ultrasound since last June (when I was in the hospital for the second heart-related time). I'm hoping for only good news of course and am eager to talk with my doctor.  Other than a few random things (periodic rapid heart beat, tingly fingers at night, easy bruising), I've been feeling pretty good.  I'm not sure if feeling good = being good (or the best I could be), but I'll take it.  When I workout, I can get my heart rate up to the 140s from my resting rate range of 60s-high 70s. I felt guilty having a grilled cheese sandwich a few days ago and then realized I hadn't had one since I was pregnant!!!  At least, not one with real cheese (as opposed to soy.) So, I'm confident about my diet and have been taking all my meds - there can be nothing but good news, right?

Even more exciting and nervewracking, my heart story will be shared at the American Heart Association's Heart Ball this Saturday.  And I will be speaking! EEEEEEKKK!!  I have always been comfortable writing about it and chatting about my experience one-on-one. But talking about it to a room full of people - that's definitely equal parts thrilling and terrifying.  I am looking forward to sharing the video with you all (will post on 3/11).  It sort of feels like coming full circle even though heartiversary isn't for another month.

So wish me luck! I look forward to sharing another update next week.

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."  ~Anne Bradstreet

"Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer."  ~Geoffrey B. Charlesworth


No comments:

Post a Comment